Capstans - C-series
Self-braking worm gear drives with electric, hydraulic or even pneumatic motor, available in on-deck or below-deck build types. The on-deck drive is equipped with a waterproof motor for intermittent use. The below-deck drive is equipped with a dripwater-proof motor and a mounting plate with an extra self aligning bearing suitable for high static loads such as with mooring ropes. Pneumatic drives are available upon request.
Featuring a cast iron capstan head mounted on a heavy duty planetary gearbox. The entire drive is mounted in a watertight tube frame providing optimal protection from the elements. Pneumatic drives are available upon request. Capstans up to 15 tons can be offered upon request.
- Heavy duty wormgear or planetary gearbox
- IP 54 braked motor 400 VAC / 3-phases / 50 Hz for planetary capstans
- IP 56 TENV cast iron 400 V AC / 3-phase / 50 Hz non-braked motor for on-deck wormgear capstans
- IP 54 400 V AC / 3 phases / 50 Hz non-braked motor for under-deck wormgear capstans
- Single speed and one direction only (electric capstans only)
- Orbit or radial piston type hydraulic motor
- Vertical cast iron warping head according to ISO 6482
- Three layer 2-component conservation according ISO 12944 category C4-High, colour RAL 5010